Saturday, October 10, 2009

On The Spot: Collecticon 2009 -Story Ver.-

Another big event happened today, and it was another crazy moment for hobbyists everywhere. Once again, the annual Collecticon (short for Collector's Convention) was held at the Midtown section of Robinson's Place Manila, and from the moment I arrived, it was packed with all kinds of stuff, from the latest toys to the vintage items that collectors were dying to buy and own.

The view at the Collecticon as soon as the mall opened. What a crowd!

I entered the arena early in the morning to get an early bird's start, but the house was already packed by the time I arrived. Most of the stuff I looked for were comic related goodies, but I was able to scrounge up some Batman related items, which were pretty good deals in themselves.

This was but one of the many stalls with lots of toys and collectibles on display... woah...

While making my way around, I saw many friends, all of whom were eager to find and scoop something nice to add to their collections. Every convention I go to has a familiar face somewhere along the way, and the Collecticon proved no different. Towards the afternoon, the atrium started to pile up some more, particularly due to the auction and cosplay events that were scheduled for the day as well.

The crowd gathers as the auction and cosplay event begins...

There were lots of people dressed in all kinds of attire, and the auction was pretty successful in gathering bidders, as well as donations for the benefit of the victims of typhoon Ondoy. After taking a well deserved lunch break, I made one more pass before calling it a day in the early afternoon.

Overall, I had fun, and while it wasn't as crazy as the Toycon, the Collecticon had just the right amount of fun and activities to make it another spectacular event.

No comments:

Post a Comment