Monday, November 23, 2009

Awesome Birthday Gear!

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to all who greeted this crusader on his Birthday yesterday! As fun and festive as it may sound, it was just a simple day for me to relax and make the smooth transition to a new age, literally! I did get some new goodies to enjoy though, and some of the most memorable gifts I got were these:



Yes... Left 4 Dead 2! The first game totally blew my mind away when I played it about a year ago, and now fans of the zombie apocalypse already have a sequel to gun for! Sure, it may sound a little bit too soon, but the new maps, monsters, and challenges are well worth the price of admission if you're "dead tired" of the old campaigns or mods from the first game. Net connection has been pretty wonky lately, so I yet to play through the entire game. Still, I finally return to PC gaming with this one... and so let the real zombieland battles commence!XD



Another landmark gaming comeback is my official return to Liberty City! Over a year since its release, I finally got Grand Theft Auto IV for the Playstation 3... and it's absolutely amazing! Redesigned and defined for the new console generation, this is one GTA I have been waiting to get my hands on for a long time, but several other good games and set backs prevented me from experiencing Niko Bellic's adventure until now. Sure, I still have Assassin's Creed 2 to enjoy, but after playing and experiencing its GTA like play style, I just had to go back to the source and play through one of the pioneers of the "open world" gaming experience.



Next to the games, I received some comic book goodness for the bday as well in the form of the GL saga that precedes the events of Blackest Night... The Sinestro Corps War! This is one of the DC storylines that has EPIC written all over it, and every big gun and evil known to the GL and DC universe makes an appearance here. Mainstay writer Geoff Johns shows how the green and yellow get it on, and tells a tale that shapes up events that lead to the "War Of The Light", a war between the colors of the emotional spectrum that eventually brings about the coming of the "Blackest Night". Fear and willpower collide big time on this one!

Oh yes, there's lots of birthday stuff to enjoy, and so little time to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment