Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy 15 Years, Playstation!


15 years... that's a long time coming.

During the mid 90's, I never expected to own a Sony Plystation. I always thought I'd be sticking with one of the two big names during that period, which were Nintendo and Sega. In fact, The former was supposed to have a partnership with Sony that would bare a CD-Rom based system, but that fell through, and the latter company went solo and created the system that eventually became its own household name and a new gaming force to be reckoned with. That was how the Playstation was born, and I got my first taste of it in '96 with three games that changed my opinion about the console - Ridge Racer, Street Fighter Alpha, and Resident Evil. After playing those games, I craved for some PS Goodness, and eventually I got my own system, which serves me until this very day despite having two successors to its name. Owning all three consoles and a portable gaming handheld has been nothing short of fun and sweet, and I look forward to more exciting possibilities with the system as the years go by. With that said, it's time to celebrate and commemorate... Happy 15 Years, Playstation!

Read up more via Kotaku and the official Sony PS anniversary site!

No comments:

Post a Comment