Monday, June 27, 2011

The Goddamn Batman, ToyCon, and the Back2Beatdown Tournament...

Two weekends ago on June 18 and 19, I attended the 10th Philippine Toys, Hobbies, and Collectibles Convention. It was an exhilarating experience, chalk full of fellow hobbyists and like minded individuals who share the passion of collecting and gathered to trade and showoff their collections to one another. Cosplaying was the other main highlight of the show, and for both days I went on ahead and took on the challenge of cosplaying as my childhood comic book hero - Batman. To say that the "Goddamn Batman" attended both days by himself and alongside the Justice League is an achievement on its own, and I had loads of fun checking out toys, comics, games, and other goodies while I scurried around three halls as the Caped Crusader.

The folks at Back2Gaming have a feature on a their "Back2Beatdown" fighting game tournament of which I participated in on Day One... dressed as the Goddamn Batman. Playing Super Street Fighter IV on their Xbox 360 set up at the B2G/ GameOps booth, I went through numerous challengers and battles just to make it to the finals, and what was initially just entering a tourney in ToyCon for fun turned into a full fledged victory... Clad as The Dark Knight for that matter! You can check out the feature article here as written by my pal Billy. Additionally, I participated on their recent podcast session about the ToyCon, which you can find here or download via this link!

For more details about my adventure and the ToyCon itself can be found at my other blog, which includes the first part of my video coverage, so be sure to check it out when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment