Friday, September 9, 2011

DC The New 52: More awesome teasers to show for the DCnU!

DC Comics has updated their blog The Source and posted some rather interesting teasers for more of the upcoming "New 52" books that will be released in the coming weeks ahead. I've reviewed some of the initial new books that are already in shelves (or sold out), primarily Justice League #1, Action Comics #1, and Detective Comics #1, and as of the moment I'm pretty satisfied with what I see. In the meantime, here's a couple of new things to look forward to come next week and beyond:


"You're not my partner. You're my son" - Bruce Wayne

Awww... Bruce Wayne having a "tender moment" with his son Damian Wayne while they're off in patrol as Batman and Robin. The new series kicks off next week with Batman and Robin #1, which goes on sale on the 14th.



"Hee... That's so cute. You think you're scary. But muster, I've seen scary. And you ain't got his smile" - Harley Quinn

An obvious reference to The Joker right there. Still, I'm not favoring this new, slutty like "Typhoid Mary" look Harley Quinn has got for her as a member of the new DCnU's iteration of the Suicide Sqaud. Evidently it also takes inspiration from her recent costume change in the Batman Arkham Asylum/ Arkham City video games, but I miss my Animated Series look too much. Whether or not you look forward to this adventure, Suicide Squad #1 comes out on September 14 as well.


There you have it. The variant cover to Action Comics #2, which goes on sale next month. It brings a whole new meaning to "strange visitor from another planet" when I look at this piece by Ethan Van Schiver. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore what I just read with Action Comics #1 by Grant Morrison and Rags Morales, but this isn't working for me as heroic posing at all.

For more info and updates, visit the source post at DC The Source!


No comments:

Post a Comment