Thursday, December 21, 2017

Ben Affleck speaks out on his DC Films future: "I want to direct a Batman movie"


It looks like Ben Affleck may not be quite done with his tenure with the Caped Crusader after all, putting a rest to all of those rumors that the Academy Award winning director of "Argo" and "The Town" would be stepping away from his duties as Batman of the DC Extended Universe after this year's Justice League and the rumored Flashpoint movie. In a recent interview with Daily Sabah, the Hollywood star and film director put his future as the current Dark Knight of cinema into question and that anything was possible at this point.

"I want to direct a Batman movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they are starting over and writing another script. And right now, I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will just follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to make this movie."

So there it is. Ben's still itching to direct a Batman movie even after stepping away from directing duties for the first solo flick that's now gone to director Matt Reeves. Will he still be in that film or are the rumored replacements like Jake Gyllenhaal and Jon Hamm going to be considered? We can only wait and see for the future of DC Films.

No comments:

Post a Comment