Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goodbye 2017... Howdy 2018! HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Another year goes bye bye, and here we are preparing to welcome a brand new one!

2017 certainly was a year of constant unpredictability and change. As with past years, I challenged myself to do new cosplays, and I've had PLENTY OF THEM. One of them - Logan​ - was my way of paying tribute to Hugh Jackman​'s portrayal of one of my favorite comic book characters in the big screen, and I was alongside Mislaine​ who did a WONDERFUL Laura/ X-23 right beside me. That movie is my pick for "2017 Film of the Year" as well, but I digress - this year has a LOT of EPIC films that did well in their own way.

As I pushed forward, I also had the opportunity to FINALLY cosplay Ryu​ from the Street Fighter​ series - honoring my fandom and the series' 30th Anniversary this year! I also got to have some AMAZING adventures with my Spider-Verse PH​ family - in no small part due to the release of Spider-Man​: Homecoming this year and our favorite wallcrawler's introduction into the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

Then there was the big departure - leaving a team I worked with for seven years due to creative differences and the way things were running. It was arguably the best decision I have made, and I'm used to working on my own and being free to do my own thing. That still didn't stop me from dressing up like a Bat - and I FINALLY UPGRADED MY BATSUIT just in time for the Justice League Movie​ - joining other like minded friends and comrades who also enjoyed doing things out of passion and for the fun of it.

From ToyCon to APCC, there were exciting conventions to attend and memories to cultivate - including meeting Karen Fukuhara​/ Katana from Suicide Squad​ and Ray Fisher​/ Cyborg himself with my buddy CAZ​. Then there was Geek Day 2017​ too and being invited as a judge and speaker. So much to be grateful for along with fellow ambassadors Dinny Grayson​, Xidge Evangelista​, and FoxRots​! Plus I also got to cosplay Kylo Ren.​ for Star Wars​ and take part on A Hero's Call​ as Green Arrow!

Bottomline - 2017 was a rollercoaster ride full of unpredictability and memorable moments. I have a lot to convey and share, but this collage will do the trick for the highlights! THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! TO 2018 WE GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment